The Open Source Content Management System – Drupal is now much easier to use, more flexible and more scalable with all its new features and modules for building any kind of website.
Some major improvements done which makes it more noticeable are:-
1. It has now integrated CCK [Content Construction Kit] which allows us to build rapidly the content structures for Drupal.
2. RDF module is now included which provides structured Semantic Mark-up to content.
3. Security improvements like it has now secured login and password system, modules can be updated thru web which again makes it more secured and on top of it cron.php is also protected.
4. Performance improvements like improved image handling, better compatibility for add-on image libraries and performance on uncached pages results in websites running faster.
5. It has a new database layer which gives support for SQLite, MySQL/MariaDB, and PostgreSQL.
6. New automated testing framework with almost 30,000 built in tests allows for continuous integration testing.
7. Custom fields can be defined which we can use across content types, users, comments, terms and other entities.
8. Three new themes are included called Bartik – as default user interface theme, Seven – as default administration interface theme and Stark – to make analyzing Drupal’s default HTML and CSS easier.
Drupal 7 with all this new features will add more power to the Drupal Content Management System.